This is a post about a new feature: posting your own work.
This post is about viewer’s work! Click here to see other posts like this.
If you want your own stories to be posted, head here to find out how!
Subscribe on the Blog page to be notified about when I post a viewer’s own work!
Recently one of the people in my creative writing club gave me some of their work (head here to see it) so that I could post it on my blog. So I’ve decided that it’s only fair if you get this option, too.
You can ask me to post any work, regardless of whether it’s related to this website or not, as long as it is creative writing. Any non-creative-writing based entries will be ignored.
If you want me to post about a Competition entry, you should wait until after the results are revealed. If your work is reposted (i.e. if you were in the top three) then you won’t need to ask me to post it again. If your work isn’t reposted, then feel free to ask!
If you want me to make a post specifically on your work, or want your work to be included as an example in one of my posts on Tips, there are three ways to submit it:
- Post your work in the comments below.
- Post your work in the Forum.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use the Competition or Blog Post Entry form on the Contact page.
- (If your extract is long, I’d appreciate it if you could email it to me or use the form instead of commenting, so that not too much space is taken up in the comments.)
When submitting work, you must:
- Say that this is an extract you want on a blog post.
- Specify whether you want a blog post specifically for this work, or you want it to be included as an example for a Tip.
- Give me a penname, or call yourself Anonymous.
- Give me any additional information you want to go with the scene/story, like ‘this was inspired by a TV show I watch’ or ‘this is the start of my book’. This part isn’t compulsory.
- State the work’s title (or tell me that it doesn’t have a title).
- Obviously send me the work you want posted!
After I have posted your work, I will reply to your comment or your email, giving you the link to the blog post. If ever you decide you don’t want your work on my blog, or want to edit it/change its title etc., you should reply to this comment/email and tell me. If you don’t reply specifically to that comment/email I might not be able to work out which extract you mean.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Comments on this post are reserved for viewer’s work, comments about people’s entries and questions about the feature ONLY. Any unrelated comments will be moved or deleted.
Unfortunately I won’t be able to post everyone’s work. If there’s ever a time where too many people are asking me to post their work, it will be on a first-come first-served basis. Please don’t be down heartened if I don’t post your work.
Viewers are reminded that all people’s works belong to them and should not be copied in any way unless with permission from the work’s author.
Stay tuned for viewer’s work! Don’t forget you can subscribe on the Blog for reminders about viewer’s work!
To look at all posts to do with viewer’s work, head here.